(This Instruction applies to all remotes unless otherwise noted under remotes image)
1. Remove old, worn through buttons accessing it from outside remote.
(DO NOT OPEN remote as some old shells are brittle and may break if forced open)
Hardened, old rubber buttons can be warmed up/softened with a hair dryer set on low heat for easier removal. This will make the rubber more pliable.
Old buttons can be removed in one of the following ways:
2. Clean key shell from old rubber button remains
- By tearing out a hole in the middle of the button until most of the micro switch is exposed.
- Or, cutting it out with a scalpel, stanley knife or side cutter to uncover switch (Be careful not to damage remote by cutting too much of the rubber).
3. Press fit new silicone buttons right over bare switch. No gluing needed.
You may need a small flat screwdriver to push buttons in. If buttons don't fit properly, remove it, clean shell again and re-fit it.
4. Test your remote with the new buttons fitted in
Once replacement is finished, remote will work straight away without any need for re-programming.